Datastream Pro is provided free of charge and without any guarantee of support.
Despite this we welcome your interest in the product and will help out if
Please read the application help and check the mailing list archives before
submitting a bug or feature request.
To join the mailing list, click here
If you are still unable to help yourself, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
- Why do I get java.sql.SQLException: "Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect" when trying to get a connection?
- There may be a number of reasons why this could happen:
- The server name is misspelled or the port number is incorrect.
- SQL Server is not configured to use TCP/IP. Either enable TCP/IP from SQL Server's Network Utility app or have jTDS connect via named pipes (see the URL format for information on how to do this).
- There is a firewall blocking port 1433 on the server.
- To check whether TCP/IP is enabled and the port is not blocked you can use "telnet server_host 1433". Until telnet doesn't connect, jTDS won't either. If you can't figure out why, ask your network administrator for help.